Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How come my voice has no sound?

It doesn't seem to matter what I say, can sound be invisible? I talk to the kids, I talk to myself, I talk to my family....it all seems to fall on deaf ears. I think if I could join a silent cult, where nobody ever talked so nobody had to listen, it would be Utopia. I quite often wonder why I was given vocal chords....it seems that I am either putting both feet in my mouth or repeating myself for the umpteenth time. Everytime I find myself echoing a previous conversation, thought, sentence, I just want to say nevermind, but the same people that don't listen get offended by nevermind, my guess is it is a useless battle to fight. I need to fully realize that the things that I find important are not shared by others. I accept that I am not as smart as I thought, not as useful and will never be. My only hope is that I can be an effectual educator to my children and raise men with more self esteem than myself. Why do the Paris Hiltons of the world, the Heidi Montags, the John Mayers find an audience of millions and I can't find an audience of my own family?

No comments: